Salvage waste management
Managing the waste that arises from salvage of stricken and damaged ships can be a complex affair.
Get it right, and contracts go smoothly and within budget.
Get it wrong, and you could be saddled with long contract periods and regulatory complications.
Here at D3, we have worked on the management of waste from more than five complex salvage contracts.
We can help you navigate the waste issues and opportunities, so that your salvage contracts are cost effective, safe and regulatory compliant.
Waste management is an incredibly complex, specialist process, so it’s a wise person that seeks expert input. You can find out more about the scope of our salvage waste management service below or, to chat through your salvage project or need, call D3’s co-founder, Martin Bjerregaard, on +44 7969 725418 or email on email@example.com
Salvage Waste Management Services
Our services include:
- Day 1 strategic waste support and scoping answering questions like, “What waste have we got?”, “Where can we take it?” and “What can we do with it?”
- Onshore waste management requirements with regulatory liaison, consents at the Port to make sure the waste can be brought to shore safely and compliantly
- Waste supply chain contracting and oversight to make sure the waste is handled by competent and experienced contractors so that risks are reduced and costs managed
- Waste assurance throughout the process to help our clients be confident their salvage projects will be properly completed and you can rest assured no laws are broken.
In addition to ongoing salvage contracts, D3 have the following specific salvage experience:
- Recently completed waste management support to SMIT Salvage B.V. on the safe handling and landing of complex waste from the Maersk Honam in Dubai.
- Assisted the project team for the SSL Kolkata in establishing the onshore waste facility with technical and regulatory support.
- Whilst at Golder Associates, Louise Carter and Martin Bjerregaard supported Harland & Wolff in Belfast with the gaining of Waste Management Licence for ship recycling, establishment of facility for receipt of the 11,000t forward section of the MSC Napoli and provided contractor oversight for the dismantling of the forward section in the dry dock.
- Pre-planning (bid stage) with hazardous materials inventory of the HMS Bronington, stricken Navy vessel in Liverpool Port.
With waste management experience spanning Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East and the Americas…we are well placed to help you anywhere in the world.
CONTACT D3 CONSULTING
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.
We respect your privacy.